possible side effects of froyo

by - May 22, 2020


I came to my chromebook
for once, before midnight
and I thought I might finally
be able to write
without the lights being off
straining by eyes
to eek out the last lines
satisfied when the pixels
arrange themselves
into a mirror of the day

But, looking around
I realized was missing a limb
Shuffling the scattered pages
strewn across my room
Scouring the downstairs
I swear I left it in the bag
but I checked it thrice
and it's emptier than my stomach
on mornings where I wake up late 
then starve myself
too lazy to pull myself up 
whilst languishing in bed

oh, the dangers of eating froyo
savoring the tart mango
melting on your tongue 
that coaxes the irritable summer air
it is chill pill indeed
my eyes fixed on the prize
I didn't catch the possible consequences
sly commercials always read way too fast

Side effects may include
brain freeze,
loss of memory regarding the fact
that you left your brain
your heart, your soul
the one organ
more valuable than a limb
in the backseat of a Prius
which Find My Friend calculates to be
about 50 miles away
tossed in with spam mail
5% of people 
experienced a panic attack
after memory was restored
Do not eat if your journal isn't in your bag
and if you are prone to extreme worry
over said notebook


Curse this delicious dessert
I can't even boycott
because I know one glimpse
a careless mention
and I will empty my pockets 
for just a taste
momentarily ignoring
the possible side effects


You May Also Like

0 comments