About the Writer

by - July 02, 2020


First off, welcome! You've either stumbled here by accident, come to get more information about me (sounds, bad, but I mean in a friendly way), or you already know most everything to know about me and am seeing what I've shared with the world. 

To my online friends from YWP, Nano, or WTW, hi! You all know me as amaryllis, because no matter how much I try to push ryllis, it just doesn't catch on. Anyway, a lot of you will recognize pieces I've posted on each of these sites respectively, but know that there's always some pieces I withheld because I either wasn't super confident in posting or didn't think was ready yet. 

I created this blog in July 2020 as a portfolio for my writing after admiring Ash's blog, "best attempt at sanity". She was super patient about answering all of my random questions, so a lot of this all can be credited to her. She's such a fantastic writer, and when you have the time, try checking her blog out too!

I've always had a love for the written word, and for many years I have been known as the girl who can't get her nose out of her books. Like many kids, I have had numerous attempts at writing a novel, but most all of them have gone one or two chapters before I'm bored of it. That is, until this year when I discovered poetry doesn't have to rhyme. I know, I admit I was super ignorant. Since then I've been writing nearly everyday, and it's been a huge help in coping with COVID. 

Another fun fact about me- I'm almost always late. I literally have a wordle (back when it was a word cloud site instead of the game) made by my 3rd grade class on my desk and "late" and "tardy" are both pretty huge on there. My writing journey also had a pretty late start, and well, most of my writing comes from 12AM bonding time with, you guessed it, my chromebook. 

I hope you enjoy some of what you read here, and welcome to the world of my late luminescence.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh wow! Thank you so much for the shout-out! I am SO glad you made a blog for yourself. This is absolutely GORGEOUS, and your work is phenomenal.

    Everything is so aesthetic, and your pictures are brilliantly chosen. Amazing job, and I can't wait to see what else you will post!

    ReplyDelete