Golden Glitter

by - July 03, 2020


when i see the gold
engulf his life of reds and blues
and words inked on paper
there is a sense of a bit of glitter
drifting into my open palm
that says "you can do this"
i feel it pulsing in my fist
as my fingers curl around it
it is my hope, it is a guiding star
and there is no falling,
simply mountains that need climbing
and valleys i will barrel towards
as i collect sunlight in my hair
and dust on my sweaty fingertips
i've always thought of life as a bike ride
but naturally, Einstein said it first
constantly riding to the horizon
but one day the speck of glitter 
will be the sun of my soul
shining through the iridescent wings
the multi-faceted lenses
every color of the rainbow
on the wings of another little fly
not yet filled with golden butter

You May Also Like

1 comments