UPDATE: 1/22/22

by - January 22, 2022

 


At the time of the previous post, I meant to start posting regularly-- I really did! My late New Year's Resolution will be to post every weekend, so we'll see how I do! Since the last time I posted, which I believe was fall (maybe? pretty sure), I have been working on a new site for my creative writing class called the Ryllis Archives. 

As some of you may know, this year is my first time learning creative writing in a classroom setting (RIP orchestra...), so it was an interesting experience to learn more about poetry last semester. My teacher had us try a lot of poetic forms where we were challenged with rhyme schemes, meter, syllables, etc. Sonnets are so hard! 

In any case, feel free to check out the Ryllis Archives if you're interested! It was fun writing the afterword in particular because I got to reflect on my writing influences and how they affected my poetry during that specific period of time. I love all of the poems on the site, but have decided just to post maybe a few of them on here to avoid being redundant. 



You May Also Like

0 comments