Dead Wonderings, Ghosts

by - April 13, 2020


Isn't strange
how we only fear ghosts
when it's dark?
theoretically
if they're real
(which, 
although I am inclined 
to say they are,
is up for debate)
they're around all the time
shivers up my spine
just typing that
in broad daylight
but at night
when I thought
about someone 
something
watching
judging
I hid under my covers
As if heavy warmth
and assuring embrace
could protect me
from the world
I don't know if I believe
in ghosts
and sometimes 
I don't know
whether I believe in
anything
So when the ignorant adults asked
what do you want to be
when you grow up
and are like me?
The answer was always
I don't know
even though
I do know.
I want to be
successful
happy
kind
free
A typical
dream
and most of all
unafraid
but fear is what makes one
human
unattainable
so I say
"I don't know"
Because,
to me
I don't know
is what every human says
at night
when they are reduced to
wandering minds
freezing at a graveyard
of dead wonderings 
of ghosts
fear paralysis
Clutching a worn
holy blanket
that feels like
a mother's embrace
but of course
they don't know that
and their eyes tell me
"You should know"
and I want to ask
"Do you happen
to be afraid 
of ghosts?"


You May Also Like

0 comments