hiraeth

by - June 29, 2020


hiraeth

a house that once was home
& a family that never truly was
a castle fit for the happiest people
just a facade, now reduced to
an empty wooden chest
not a soul in sight
inside, walking bodies
shattered stained glass
of a brother & father,
a mother & daughter
but a traitor's escape
locked the prison gate
and threw the key away
hopeful strings unraveled
and braided around our throats
bloody bones shattered
all that remains is dust
slipping through the cracks
but now, lying in the sunlight
with nothing left to offer
i long for the mother & best friend
who spoon fed me soupy porridge
dusted with stardust and silky dreams
taking the only home I'd ever have
"for my own good", she said when she left
how could she lie to a child who thought
she was everything?
empty promises lay broken on the carpet
speckled with sanguine rage
she made me to leave me
knowing full well it would break me
so why do I still miss her?

her wrath

hiraeth


You May Also Like

0 comments