Jewelled Goddess

by - June 25, 2020


Cold silver jewels / scraping down my face / no clear reason at all /or maybe every one of the infinite reasons the world gives us to mourn / collecting rainbow-less drops overflowing in cupped hands / splayed out on the bed / brittle laughs broken / the effort cracks me down the middle / dim light hacks me open / all that spills out are more / pointless glittering rubies and diamonds / loose curtain brushes against my wooden arm / am i simply a chest for worldly wants?


my fingers shimmer with glitter / frigid moisture turns to lead / pouring out of my being onto the page / staining my fingers with what I should desire / weightless lack of substance made of heavy stones they call gems / filling the empty etched in my bones / the gaps between pale ribs / the slats of the floorboards / the cracks of the shutters / why have you let all the lovely dreams out?

my stomach growling for carnival candied apples / eyes salivating for the sight of dying suns / ravenous for material lives / the scattered pencils on dusty floors shoot me in the foot / falling deeper into the wooden abyss / a chest, or a coffin?

pricking my fingertips on their definitive edges / savor the sweet, sweet pain / sew the stars into my skin / a shard of my shattered, useless heart, a needle / slick hair drenched with blood, thread/ darling, don't be scared / I've turned myself into your goddess / gruesome, is it? / isn't this all you ever wanted?


You May Also Like

0 comments