Live, & Live Well

by - June 17, 2020


The black lute begins it all
twirled between my fingers
The world couldn't understand
and I never would've told them
a passing melody
but the beginning of the end
is a promise you won't forget


do you remember 
that clash of glinting swords
starlit rooftops and spilled a shattered jar
a nuisance until a friend
the only one I've ever had
even so, I wish we could go back
because maybe if hadn't fallen together
you would still be you
even if you would not make me, complete


if i wake up, how can i face it?

the strings beg for your answer

a river of liquor and blood is my legacy

inaction under the guise of false nobility, my biggest regret

this is our song
this is for the "i love you's" left unsaid
the warbling melodies
-of your lute,
and your qin-
how do we measure the gray?
where to place the blame and honor?
let us live carefreely 
our story ringing true to the edges of the world
allowing the moon's tides wash away the past
as the bunny lanterns rise again
out of the bloody pools in Xuan Wu cave

--

i see a girl
torn between hysterics
drunk on 5 am air
the overwhelming joy at that smile
and racking sobs mourning what I will never,
ever, allow to be your end

because you deserve to live,

& live well


bold = weiying, italics = lanzhan, based on Wuji from 陳情令

You May Also Like

0 comments