What the Birds Say

by - June 24, 2020

photo: Baker Beach, CA

Birds outside making quite a ruckus

seems louder in the broken silence
shifting sheets and clacking keys
I could swear their gossiping about me
although, I would say I'm going rather crazy
after all, I had an enlightening conversation
with my jeans the other day

Lying in bed rather uncomfortably
stuck between the sweaty weight
and the unforgiving headboard
thank god for ariel & strawberry shortcake
my most loyal protectors make perfect headrests
darling pillows are fabulous mediators
5 stars, and highly recommended

dark encroaching on the corners of my vision
face lighted by my true love,
a guiding star in this desolate life of mine,
my chromebook
Some may call this a toxic relationship,
after all, it does drive me crazy most days
I scream at it, it shuts down
me, begging for it's forgiveness 
making up in the darkest of times
everyday, repeat!

hm, perhaps the birds are right on this one


You May Also Like

0 comments