There Is A Girl

by - June 26, 2020


There is a girl

As white light streams through half closed shutters
and the morning silence prods me awake
far, far too early my palms tell the sky
as i reach for my brain, somewhere still in dreamland clouds
welp, my fault for allowing
the morning in before noon
the silence fills my ears, and in truth
the silence is just the type of neighborhood silence
you hear so often you become deaf to it
a lawn mower, the birds
bustling people in speeding cars
the sirens screaming for them to move aside
a buzz from my phone, and I pounce
i admit, I'm a kind of deranged animal now
when it comes to the outside world
but for my friend in Tokyo, I'm every bit civil
and when she goes off to shower
we exchange ttyl's and get on with
our own versions of living
somewhere, a tiny human is being born
into this beautifully corrupt world
and somewhere else, another is leaving
there is ebullient laughter, there is debilitating tears
just think about how insignificantly important 
everyone is in the grand scheme of things
but in my tiny bubble in this little old corner
that is somewhere in the middle of nowhere
which, is technically everywhere
dancing with the winter blanket
typing on keys that never type
anything good enough
there is a girl


You May Also Like

0 comments